- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated crusty French loaf dough
- 1 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (1/8-inch-thick) slices tomato, cut in half
- calories 255
- caloriesfromfat 11 %
- fat 3.1 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 16.4 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 684 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Unroll dough into a 13- x 12-inch rectangle; cut into 4 rectangles. Set aside.
Combine egg substitute and next 3 ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk.
Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender. Add egg substitute mixture; cook over medium heat until mixture is firm but still moist, stirring occasionally.
Spoon one-fourth of egg substitute mixtureevenly over half of each rectangle; sprinkle evenly with cheese and cracked pepper. Top each with a tomato slice. Fold rectangles in half over mixture; press edges together with a fork. Coat with cooking spray. Place turnovers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.