- 1/2 pound smoked chorizo, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (48-oz.) container chicken broth
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package fresh kale, washed and trimmed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth (optional)
How to Make It
Sauté chorizo in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; wipe Dutch oven clean.
Sauté potato, onion, and carrot in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in 48-oz. container chicken broth.
Bring mixture to a boil. Gradually stir in kale and chorizo. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 to 50 minutes or until collards are tender. Stir in white beans and, if desired, 14-oz. can chicken broth during last 5 minutes of cooking.