Community Recipe from
- Tomato soup
- For the soup:
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (save the juice)
- ½ pound strawberries, stems removed
- ½ pound red seedless watermelon, about 1 cup
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons salt or to taste
- For garnish:
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 /2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- ½ cup finely diced watermelon
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Make the soup: In a food processor or a blender, combine tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon, peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic, and jalapeno and blend as smoothly as possible. This may be done in several batches. After processing, pass the mixture through a strainer into a large bowl. Make sure to press firmly, pressing all of the liquid from the pulp. Once the mixture has been strained, add the olive oil, vinegar, any remaining tomato juice, and salt to taste. Add the garnishes to the gazpacho, cover, and refrigerate for several hours or until well chilled.
- Serve cold in chilled glasses or bowls.
- Chef's Note: A pound of chopped poached shrimp or jumbo lump crabmeat may be added as a garnish to this soup if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rogertaylor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spanish Gazpacho Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes