- 4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon anisette liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot milk (185°)
- Combine 1 cup sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Pour caramel mixture evenly into 12 buttered 6-ounce custard cups. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining sugar, vanilla, anisette, and salt, beating well. Gradually add hot milk, beating constantly. Pour milk mixture evenly over caramel mixture in custard cups. Place custard cups in 2 pans of hot water. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Chill thoroughly.
- Loosen edges with a spatula. Invert flans onto serving plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards