- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped (optional)
- calories 442
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 0 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 8 g
- sugars 11 g
- protein 34 g
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side.
Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes and their liquid, rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Stir the peas into the rice and chicken and cook, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Spoon the chicken and rice onto individual plates and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with the olives, if desired.
Upgrade: Turn this dish into a party-friendly paella by adding 1/4 teaspoon saffron with the rice. Five minutes before the rice is done, stir in 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp.