Spanish Chicken and Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped (optional)
- 1.In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2.Cook the chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3.Add the wine, tomatoes and juice, rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 4.Stir in peas and cook, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- 5.Spoon the chicken and rice onto plates. Serve with the olives, if desired.
- By Kate Merker , October, 2007
This recipe is a personal recipe added by salter572 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spanish Chicken and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes