Spanish Chicken and Rice
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) chicken thighs Boneless/Skinless
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 envelope(s) Sazon GOYA CON AZAFRAN
- 7 ounce(s) stuffed spanish olives-manzanilla 1 jar
- 8 cup(s) cooked rice
- 30 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add Chicken and lightly brown. Add onions, garlic, oregano and 2 envelopes Sazon GOYA CON AZAFRAN. Mix well and allow to simmer 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add 30 ounces tomato sauce (two 15 oz. cans). Stir to combine. Cover and simmer on low heat for at least 1 hour, or as long as 2 hours ( the longer it simmers, the better). About an 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the jar of green olives, including the juice (you can add a little and adjust to your own taste). The olives add a briny flavor, so it's best to taste it as you add the juice.
- Serve over steamed rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jillby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes