This meatless entrée delivers the taste of the traditional Greek spinach pie without the hassle of phyllo dough.
More From Health
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Calcium: 338mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3. Combine flour, salt, oregano, and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4. Beat eggs with a whisk until frothy (about 1 minute); add milk, cheeses, onion, and garlic. Add spinach and olives, stirring mixture well with a fork. Using a rubber spatula, fold the reserved dry ingredients into the spinach mixture. Transfer to prepared pie dish, and smooth top.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until the filling is slightly puffed, lightly browned around the edges, and set in the center. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note