Pretty good recipe. I added a half cup of parsley. It's how the old ladies at church did it growing up.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) spinach, fresh chopped, rinsed, drained
- 2 whole(s) onions finely chopped
- 6 whole(s) eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) feta cheese finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried mint or dill
- 1/2 pound(s) butter melted
- 1 pound(s) phyllo dough
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse spinach thoroughly, if fresh, & remove stems. Allow spinach to drain completely, either overnight or for several hours. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Coarsely chop (if fresh) spinach and add remaining ingredients except the melted butter & phyllo. Toss well.
- Line a 10"x16" buttered pan with 10-11 phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- After 10-11 sheets have been used, place spinach mixture over the phyllo, and then cover with the remaining 10-11 sheets, again brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- Trim excess dough, leaving a 1" overhang. Roll & tuck phyllo inward around the inside edges of the pan to form a rim. Or if you prefer, trim using a sharp knife along the inside edges of the pan. Lightly score the top of the spanakopita into portions & bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut pre-scored portions. Allow to set for 20 minutes before serving. Serves 8-16.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AletaU1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note