Serve as a first course or an entrée.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 387mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 ounce chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 12)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes. Place spinach mixture in a colander, pressing with the back of a spoon until barely moist. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add spinach mixture, rice, oregano, pepper, salt, and cheese, stirring until well-blended. Set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat the remaining 7 phyllo sheets with cooking spray, placing one on top of the other. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over phyllo, pressing gently to seal sheets together; discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon spinach mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of spinach mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or strudel may split.) Place strudel, seam side down, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Score diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray.
- Bake strudel at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables