Spam Spam Loco Moco and Spam
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 russet potato rinsed and peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) rice
- 1/4 container(s) Spam sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Rinse the rice and put it in a rice cooker to steam.
- Use cheese grater to shred the potato into hash browns. Put the hash browns in a bowl and rinse with water, then strain and return to bowl. Continue rinsing and straining until the water runs clear. Washing the starch from the potatoes helps them to brown. Squeezing some of the moisture out may also help. Put the potatoes in a no-stick skillet to fry until golden brown and crispy, seasoning to taste.
- Prepare a rue for the gravy by allowing the butter to melt in a small saucepan, then add the bouillon and the flour and stir vigorously to get out all the lumps. Slowly stir in the water, using less if thicker gravy is desired. Taste as you go to make sure it doesn't turn out too salty. Cook until boiling, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- While gravy is simmering on low, fry the egg in a skillet on med-low heat until over-medium. Fry the spam slices at the same time.
- When everything is finished cooking, layer it all onto a plate: first lay down the rice, then the hash browns, then the spam, then the egg, and cover it all in gravy. Grate some cheese onto the top if desired and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sighani and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes