Really good although I halved the amount of pasta but kept the sauce the same. Served as a side dish with CL's Spicy Pork Parmesan Cutlet and it was a perfect match. I did throw in some of my extra basil along with the parsley and I think that added just the right note. I also added the parmesan in with the pasta in the pan so it melted and became a thin coating on the pasta along with the garlic and olive oil.
Spaghettini with Oil and Garlic
In Italian recipes, a simple garlic and olive oil sauce is known as aglio e olio. This classic pasta recipe comes together quickly, so it's a good weeknight dinner. Just pair it with a green salad and a bottle of wine. Spaghettini is in between the sizes of vermicelli and spaghetti, so either of those is a good substitute. Be careful not to overcook the garlic, as browned garlic tastes bitter. Push the garlic to one side of the pan so it will cook evenly.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 44.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 603mg
- Calcium: 190mg
- 6 quarts water
- 2 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound uncooked spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Stir in pasta; partially cover, and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 6 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant or beginning to turn golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, reserved 1 cup cooking water, parsley, and pepper.
- Add pasta to pan, stirring well to coat. Return pan to medium heat; cook 1 minute or until pasta is al dente, tossing to coat. Place 1 cup pasta mixture in each of 8 bowls; sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes