Very easy and I ad ingredients on hand although I had to use dried herbs. I adapted the recipe to make dinner just for 1 using 1 can of clams. I thought there was too much liquid, and the ratio of clam juice to clams in a can these days seems to make the addition of more juice unnecessary.
Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 472
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 223mg
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons pressed or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) baby clams, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic in olive oil often until fragrant (do not brown), 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, clam juice, and reserved liquid from clams and boil until reduced to about 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Add clams and stir occasionally until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Drain spaghetti. Add to clam sauce along with parsley and chili flakes; mix, and add salt to taste. Divide equally among four wide bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This