- 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 pounds onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Heat drippings in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add onion. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 45 minutes.
Uncover and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onion browns and liquid evaporates. Add salt, pepper, and wine; cook until wine evaporates. Toss with pasta, parsley, and cheese.