Not bad, quick.
Spaghetti with Smoked Mozzarella
Smoked mozzarella creates the flavor of pasta carbonara without the bacon. Shred the mozzarella as finely as possible so it will melt quickly. Juicy tomato slices drizzled with sweet-tart balsamic vinegar are ideal on the side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 363
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 49.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 290mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) finely shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes; add asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente and asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain.
- Combine milk, salt, black pepper, eggs, and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add pasta mixture; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until slightly thick and creamy, stirring constantly. Add cheeses, parsley, and red pepper; cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes