Spaghetti With Shrimp and Broccoli
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 cup(s) broccoli florets (2 large heads)
- Good olive oil
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, peeled and deveined 16 to 18 shrimp
- 1 pound(s) good quality imported spaghetti
- 8 clove(s) large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley
- 1 cup(s) fresh parmesan plus xtra for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 2 T salt.
- 2. Combine the broccoli, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 t. salt, and 1/2 t. pepper on a sheet pan, spread out, and roast for five minutes. Add the shrimp to the broccoli, toss well, and spread out in one layer. Roast the shrimp and broccoli for 8 to 10 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the pot of boiling salted water according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water before you drain the pasta.
- 4. Heat 1/3 cup of olive oil ovr medum heat in a pot large enough to hold the pasta, such as a 12 inch saute pan or a large shallow pot. Add the garlic and cook for one to two minutes, sitrring frequently, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges. Add the red pepper flakes and cok for 30 seconds more. Carefully add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the galic and oil and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat, add 1 t. salt, and simmer for about five mnutes, until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- 5. Add the drained pasta to the garlic oil and toss. Off the heat, add the cooked shrimp and broccoli, plus the parsley and Parmesan, and toss well. Allow the pasta to rest off the heat for five minutes, for the sauce to be absorbed in the pasta, then taste for seasonig and serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti With Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes