Spaghetti with Savoy Cabbage and Breadcrumbs / M.S. Living
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic, very thinly sliced or minced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh breadcrumbs from a rustic loaf
- 9 cup(s) Savoy cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese, finely grated plus more for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until breadcrumbs are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat. Cook, stirring, until slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water. Cook, covered, until tender, about 4 minutes. Uncover, and let any water in the skillet evaporate. Stir in cream. Cook until sauce is reduced and thick enough to coat cabbage, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid to cabbage. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over top, and garnish with more cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti with Savoy Cabbage and Breadcrumbs / M.S. Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes