Delicious! I roasted 3 red peppers and added them to the recipe. Amazing! Great fall and winter meal
Spaghetti with Sausage and Simple Tomato Sauce
Photo: Romulo Yanes; Styling: Mary-Ellen Weinrib
This versatile Italian dish goes from stovetop to table in less than 30 minutes. Serve with a simple salad for a filling weeknight meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups pasta, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tablespoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 895mg
- Calcium: 253mg
- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage links
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange sausage on a small baking sheet. Broil sausage 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pan from oven (do not turn broiler off). Cut sausage into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Broil sausage slices 2 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 4. Place tomatoes in a food processor; process until almost smooth. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add crushed red pepper and minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, and salt; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick. Add sausage and cooked pasta to pan; toss well. Top with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This