Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Sauce
Roasting the vegetables adds depth of flavor. They roast while the pasta cooks and the sauce simmers—coming together for a fabulous dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57.2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 649mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Calcium: 164mg
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups diced peeled eggplant (about 1 small)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- . Brush jelly-roll pan with 2 teaspoons oil. Combine mushrooms and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spread vegetables in a single layer on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- . While vegetables roast, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- . While pasta cooks, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red pepper and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in thyme and tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- . Combine roasted vegetables, pasta, and tomato sauce; toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This