- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups diced peeled eggplant (about 1 small)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 375
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- protein 13.5 g
- carbohydrate 57.2 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 4.9 mg
- sodium 649 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 6.9 g
- calcium 164 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
. Brush jelly-roll pan with 2 teaspoons oil. Combine mushrooms and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spread vegetables in a single layer on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
. While vegetables roast, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
. While pasta cooks, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red pepper and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in thyme and tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
. Combine roasted vegetables, pasta, and tomato sauce; toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.