This was good, but not great. It may have helped to put sauce in pasta pan and then add pasta back in pan after draining, and heat - as dish was "luke warm." The heat might have also helped meelet the feta cheese a bit.
Spaghetti with Peppery No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Strong ingredients--like pungent cheese, sharp olives, fruity olive oil, and briny capers--give this pasta sauce tons of flavor.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 48.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 5 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Combine tomato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Quickly peel tomatoes by plunging them into the boiling pasta water (before adding the pasta) for 20 seconds; remove with a slotted spoon, and quickly rinse under cold water. The skins will slip right off.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes