Really easy. I added minced fresh basil and used cracked red pepper. It would be even better with garden fresh tomatoes in the summer.
Spaghetti with Peppery No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Pungent cheese, sharp olives, fruity olive oil, and briny capers give this no-cook pasta sauce tons of flavor.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 48.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 5 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Combine tomato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Quickly peel tomatoes by plunging them into the boiling pasta water (before adding the pasta) for 20 seconds; remove with a slotted spoon, and quickly rinse under cold water. The skins will slip right off.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note