Spaghetti with Garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes
Community Recipe from
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh mint chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring constantly, until tender but still firm to the bite,about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Do not rinse the spaghetti with water, you wan to retain the natural starches that help the sauce adhere to the spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until a golden and fragrant,about 1 minute.It's important not top overcook the garlic or it becomes bitter. Using a slotted spoon remove and discard the garlic. Add the red pepper flake and saute for i minute. Carefully stir in the reserved cooking liquid and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Immediately add in the drained spaghetti and toss for 1 minute to coat. Season with more salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Transfer to serving bowl Sprinkle with parsley, basil and mint, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti with Garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes