Spaghetti with Endive and Bacon
This recipe calls for a fair amount of black pepper, giving it a nice kick. Feel free to omit the pepper from the recipe, and add it at the table if you'd like a milder dish.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 511
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sodium: 1137mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon (8 oz.), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 Belgian endives (1 1/4 lbs. total), trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Fry bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; transfer to paper towels and set aside. Drain all but 1 tbsp. fat from pan, add garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add endives, cooking until softened and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Add hot pasta to endive mixture along with bacon, oil, cheese, chile flakes, parsley, salt, and pepper, tossing well to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes