- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon (8 oz.), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 Belgian endives (1 1/4 lbs. total), trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- calories 511
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 31 g
- satfat 9 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 5.5 g
- sodium 1137 mg
- cholesterol 44 mg
How to Make It
Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Fry bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; transfer to paper towels and set aside. Drain all but 1 tbsp. fat from pan, add garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add endives, cooking until softened and translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add hot pasta to endive mixture along with bacon, oil, cheese, chile flakes, parsley, salt, and pepper, tossing well to combine.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.