Excellent. Made exactly as written. It was a nice summer pasta. Will definitely make again!
Spaghetti with Eggplant, Ricotta and Tomatoes
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Andrea Steinberg
Yield: Serves 6
Cost per Serving: $1.65
More From Allyou
Stand: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 565
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb.), ends trimmed, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1. Lay eggplant on paper towels and season with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat gas grill or broiler to high.
- 2. Blot eggplant dry with a paper towel. Brush on both sides with 3 Tbsp. oil. Grill or broil, turning once, until browned and softened, 6 to 8 minutes total. Set aside to cool slightly, then coarsely chop.
- 3. Cook spaghetti as package label directs until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Toss spaghetti with eggplant, tomatoes, basil, garlic, Parmesan, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, adding cooking water as necessary to moisten. Toss with ricotta and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note