Excellent. Made exactly as written. It was a nice summer pasta. Will definitely make again!
Spaghetti with Eggplant, Ricotta and Tomatoes
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Andrea Steinberg
Yield: Serves 6
Cost per Serving: $1.65
More From Allyou
Stand: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 565
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 lb.), ends trimmed, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1. Lay eggplant on paper towels and season with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat gas grill or broiler to high.
- 2. Blot eggplant dry with a paper towel. Brush on both sides with 3 Tbsp. oil. Grill or broil, turning once, until browned and softened, 6 to 8 minutes total. Set aside to cool slightly, then coarsely chop.
- 3. Cook spaghetti as package label directs until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Toss spaghetti with eggplant, tomatoes, basil, garlic, Parmesan, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, adding cooking water as necessary to moisten. Toss with ricotta and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes