Ehhh.Not the best recipe I ever tried to make. It was kind of bland and I didn't really care for the lemon zest on top. It was dry, so I had to add chicken broth. It needs something more. If I attempt to make it again I will probably add mushrooms and tomatoes.
Spaghetti with Broccoli and Lemon
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Anna Last
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 527
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fiber: 7g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Sodium: 760mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1-pound package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juice squeezed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the broccoli mixture, lemon juice, Parmesan, and the reserved pasta water to the pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until combined and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes