This was quick and very tasty. I used ground turkey instead of beef, added about 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil from my herb garden, threw in a little garlic in the saute, and topped with a little grated cheese. I added the zucchini with the sauce because I like it more tender. The fresh tomatoes at the end are yummy as well. I will def add a little more red pepper next time for a little more spice. Try this one!
Spaghetti with Beef, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (7-ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound lean ground round
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. While spaghetti cooks, cook ground round and onion in a large nonstick skillet over high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring until beef crumbles. Drain beef mixture, if necessary; wipe skillet with paper towels.
- 3. Return beef mixture to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and next 4 ingredients. Cook over medium heat 2 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Stir in cooked spaghetti and zucchini. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note