This recipe is wonderful! The first time I had this a friend prepared it and we had a sweet white wine with it. I use jarred artichoke hearts for mine to make it a little easier. I still squeeze a little lemon juice in the pasta water before adding it to the pancetta, garlic mixture.
Spaghetti with Artichokes and Pancetta
- 1 2-ounce piece pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 8 baby artichokes
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 1. Fill a large bowl with water. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon halves, then add the lemon halves to the water. Add artichokes.
- 2. In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and pancetta and cook over medium heat, stirring, until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Add the white wine, cover and simmer over moderately low heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved cooking water o the artichokes and toss over moderate heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve the pasta, passing more grated cheese at the table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vickiw1206 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note