Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
Yield: Serves: 6 (serving size: 5 meatballs, 1 cup spaghetti)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 5 Triscuits, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 13.25-oz. box whole-grain spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and mist with cooking spray.
- 2. Mix turkey, zucchini, Triscuits, egg, pepper, half of scallions and half of garlic. Form into 30 1 1/2-inch meatballs; place on sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- 3. Warm oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; sauté remaining scallions and garlic for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, 8 minutes. Stir in meatballs. Reduce heat to low.
- 4. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain; top with meatballs, sauce and Parmesan, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note