Super easy way make spaghetti and meatballs.
Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Refrigerated pasta and links of sweet Italian sausage provide a quick start to Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs. This kid-friendly meal is ready in 20 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 77.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3 (4-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 ounce pecorino cheese, grated (about 2 tablespoons packed)
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Remove casing from sausages. Shape sausages into 12 (1-inch) balls. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add meatballs to pan; cook 7 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove the meatballs from pan. Add onions, red pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté for 2 minutes. Return meatballs and add marinara sauce to pan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes or until meatballs are done. Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This