- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 6 cups cooked multigrain or whole-wheat spaghetti (about 7 ounces uncooked)
- calories 408
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 12.5 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 35.5 g
- carbohydrate 42.6 g
- fiber 7.2 g
- cholesterol 78 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 799 mg
- calcium 248 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine egg white and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add turkey and next 6 ingredients; combine using hands. With moist hands, shape mixture into 32 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place meatballs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done.
Heat pasta sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add meatballs, stirring to coat. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta.
For baby: Crumble a meatball. Cut a spoonful of spaghetti into small pieces. Combine the meatball crumbles, spaghetti, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce in a small bowl.
Kitchen Tip: Use a small ice-cream scoop to divide the meat mixture for perfectly portioned meatballs.