Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Resistant starch: 2 grams
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta, 3 meatballs and 1 cup sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sodium: 623mg
- 1 pound ground lean turkey meat
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs (from 1 slice whole-wheat bread)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (26-ounce) can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
- 1. Combine turkey, 1/2 cup cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, and form into 15 meatballs. Place meatballs on a plate and reserve.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes, beans, and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4. Add meatballs; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low heat until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened, 15 minutes.
- 5. Divide spaghetti among 5 bowls, then divide meatballs and sauce among bowls. Garnish with additional parsley and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes