Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 5 Triscuits, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 13.25-oz. box whole-grain spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- calories 470
- fat 13 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 11 g
- cholesterol 91 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 589 mg
- calcium 125 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and mist with cooking spray.
Mix turkey, zucchini, Triscuits, egg, pepper, half of scallions and half of garlic. Form into 30 1 1/2-inch meatballs; place on sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
Warm oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; sauté remaining scallions and garlic for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, 8 minutes. Stir in meatballs. Reduce heat to low.
Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain; top with meatballs, sauce and Parmesan, and serve.