Spaghetti with Sun-Dried-Tomato-Almond Pesto
Photo: John Kernick
This Mediterranean dish from Marcie Turney is quick, simple and utterly delicious.
More From Food & Wine
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup salted roasted almonds
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatoes, almonds and garlic. Add 1/4 cup of the oil and puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, toast the bread crumbs in 2 tablespoons of the oil, stirring, until golden. Transfer the crumbs to a plate; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. In the pot, toss the pasta with the pesto, reserved cooking water and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until the sauce clings to the pasta. Transfer the pasta to bowls, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and parsley and drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note