- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 233
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 493 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Pierce spaghetti squash 7 or 8 times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 375° for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Cool. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands. Keep warm.
While squash bakes, combine sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup hot water in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Chop the tomatoes.
Steam broccoli, covered, for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse broccoli with cold water; drain and set aside.
Combine squash, tomatoes, broccoli, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.