This turned out well. I did however add chicken to make it a complete meal.
Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Cholesterol: 2.6mg
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 lb.)
- 1 green bell pepper (6 oz.)
- 1 red bell pepper (6 oz.)
- 2 carrots (6 oz. total)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Pierce squash in several places with a sharp knife. Set squash in a microwave oven and cook at full power (100%) until soft when pressed, 10 to 12 minutes; turn squash over after 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse, stem, and seed bell peppers. Peel carrots. Cut bell peppers and carrots into matchstick-size slivers.
- 3. When squash is tender, cut open and scoop out and discard seeds. Scoop out tender squash strands and reserve.
- 4. Set a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add bell peppers and carrots. Stir often until carrots are tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5. Add broth, basil, pepper, and squash strands. Stir until squash is hot. Add salt to taste.
- 6. Pour vegetables into a dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables