Spaghetti Squash Salad
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup salad and 1/3 cup cucumbers)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; add water to dish to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove squash from water; cool. Scrape inside of squash with the tines of a fork to remove spaghettilike strands to equal 4 cups.
- Combine rice vinegar, ginger, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper, and stir well with a whisk. Combine 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and cucumbers; set aside.
- Combine squash, bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and remaining vinaigrette, and toss well. Place squash mixture in a serving dish, and arrange cucumbers around edge of dish. Sprinkle salad with toasted sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads