- 1 (3 1/2-pound) spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- calories 68
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fat 2.7 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 10.3 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 221 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; add water to dish to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
Remove squash from water; cool. Scrape inside of squash with the tines of a fork to remove spaghettilike strands to equal 4 cups.
Combine rice vinegar, ginger, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper, and stir well with a whisk. Combine 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and cucumbers; set aside.
Combine squash, bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and remaining vinaigrette, and toss well. Place squash mixture in a serving dish, and arrange cucumbers around edge of dish. Sprinkle salad with toasted sesame seeds.