Serve up spaghetti with a twist.
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $3.15
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 582
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 95g
- Fiber: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- 1 medium eggplant (1 lb.), trimmed and diced 1/2 inch
- Table salt for treating eggplant
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 stalk broccoli (12 oz.), cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 in. thick crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Place half of eggplant in a colander, sprinkle lightly with salt, add remaining eggplant and sprinkle with salt. Let colander stand in sink for 10 minutes to remove eggplant's bitterness. (The salt will be rinsed off later.)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. While water is coming to a boil, begin preparation of sauce: Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a large skillet. Add green beans and broccoli, cover and cook over medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain vegetables and rinse with cold water.
- Rinse eggplant with cold water and pat dry on clean kitchen towel. Add 3 Tbsp. oil to skillet and place over mediumhigh heat. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, zucchini, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce and water, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add green beans and broccoli and heat through.
- Drain spaghetti and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add vegetable sauce, freshly ground pepper and Parmesan; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes