Spaghetti Pie - from Redbook 2011
Community Recipe from
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounce(s) cooked italian sausage links casings removed
- 1/2 cup(s) plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 6 ounce(s) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup(s) Italian cheese blend shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, spray a 10-inch nonstick pan ovenproof skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add sausage and tomatoes to skillet; cook 3 minus. Remove to a plate and whip out skillet.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until firm-tender. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup cheese blend, parmesan, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper. Drain pasta, rinse under cold water, and stir into egg mixture.
- 3. Spray same skillet with more olive oil and place over medium-low heat. Put half of spaghetti mixture into skillet. Spoon sausage and tomato mixture over spaghetti, then top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese blend. Cover with remaining spaghetti mixture.
- 4. Heat broiler. Meanwhile, cover skillet and cook 12 minutes or until bottom of pie is crusty and lightly browned. Remove lid, then place under broiler about 3 minutes or unlit top is set and browned. Slide or invert onto serving dish; cut into 4 wedges. Serve with green salad
- Each serving: 390 calories, 18g fat, 25g protein, 34g carb
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Michelle123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes