Spaghetti Pie - from Redbook 2011
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounce(s) cooked italian sausage links casings removed
- 1/2 cup(s) plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 6 ounce(s) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup(s) Italian cheese blend shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, spray a 10-inch nonstick pan ovenproof skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add sausage and tomatoes to skillet; cook 3 minus. Remove to a plate and whip out skillet.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until firm-tender. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup cheese blend, parmesan, 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper. Drain pasta, rinse under cold water, and stir into egg mixture.
- 3. Spray same skillet with more olive oil and place over medium-low heat. Put half of spaghetti mixture into skillet. Spoon sausage and tomato mixture over spaghetti, then top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese blend. Cover with remaining spaghetti mixture.
- 4. Heat broiler. Meanwhile, cover skillet and cook 12 minutes or until bottom of pie is crusty and lightly browned. Remove lid, then place under broiler about 3 minutes or unlit top is set and browned. Slide or invert onto serving dish; cut into 4 wedges. Serve with green salad
- Each serving: 390 calories, 18g fat, 25g protein, 34g carb
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Michelle123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note