Spaghetti and Meatballs with a Surprise
Adults should cube the cheese and do all the cooking. Kids can shape the meatballs, which contain a surprise--melted cheese in the center.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup pasta, about 1/3 cup sauce, and 2 meatballs)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 397
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free pasta sauce
- 5 1/2 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; shape into 16 (1-inch) meatballs. Working with 1 meatball at a time, flatten meatball, and place 1 cheese cube in center of meatball. Gather meatball around cheese cube, sealing well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Drain well. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Return meatballs to pan. Add pasta sauce; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes