Spaghetti and Meatballs
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49.7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 5.1mg
- Sodium: 940mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 1 (1.5-ounce) slice whole wheat bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 small onion, cut into 3 wedges
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 (25.5-ounce) jars Italian herb pasta sauce (we tested with Muir Glen Organic)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Place garlic, onion, and parsley in processor; pulse 20 seconds or until chopped. Add breadcrumbs, ground round, and next 7 ingredients. Pulse 1 minute or until mixture is combined, stopping frequently to scrape down sides.
- 4. Line a broiler pan with foil. Shape meat mixture into 48 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place meatballs on broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- 5. While meatballs cook, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 6. Bring pasta sauce to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add meatballs, and simmer 10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve over spaghetti. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note