Spaghetti Con Aglio e Olio
Choose garlic bulbs that have firm, pale, ivory cloves that have a fresh, sweet flavor. Cloves that are sprouting or hot and bitter will ruin the dish.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bulb(s) large, young garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 1 pinch(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) anchovies, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Separate bulb of garlic into cloves. Peel and chop cloves. Heat oil and butter in a skillet over moderate heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until just done. Drain thoroughly, then transfer to a warm serving bowl. Reheat garlic and oil mixture, stirring in pepper flakes and anchovies. Add sauce to pasta and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note