Adored this dish. Made as directed, then garnished each bowl with some of CL's Spicy Anchovy Breadcrumbs, which gave it a toasty, spicy crunch.
Spaghetti with Clams and Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 48 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°.
- 2. Combine tomatoes and 1 tablespoon olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, on a jelly-roll pan. Thinly slice 1 garlic clove; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake tomato mixture at 300° for 1 1/2 hours or until tomatoes are slightly shriveled. Set aside.
- 3. Mince remaining 2 garlic cloves. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until garlic and pepper sizzle. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in wine. Add clams; cover and cook 7 minutes or until clams open. Using tongs, remove clams from skillet; reserve liquid. Discard any unopened shells. Strain liquid through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth into a bowl; discard solids. Wipe skillet clean; return liquid to skillet. Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, and salt; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reserve 24 clams in shells. Remove remaining clams from shells; add all clams to skillet.
- 4. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Combine pasta and clam mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note