- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can pear-shaped tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken livers, quartered
- 1 (12-ounce) package thin spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet in 1/4 cup olive oil until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté chicken livers in remaining olive oil for five minutes. Combine chicken livers and sauce, stirring well. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note