Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 2 quart(s) water
- 10 slice(s) bacon cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) romano cheese grated (=2 1/2 oz)
- 3 whole(s) egg substitute
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) peas cooked
- Simmer bacon pieces in 1/2 cup water in a large nonstick skillet. Cook until water evaporates and bacon starts to sizzle, about 8 min. Reduce heat and coon 5-8 min longer until bacon browns. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Strain bacon mixture into a bowl and set aside. Remove 1 tablespoon of bacon fat to a medium bowl. Whisk Romano, eggs and yolk and pepper into the bacon fat until combined.
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti and salt in 2 quarts of water (not more!). Cook until al dente, stirring frequently. Set colander in large bowl to drain spaghetti. Set aside 1 cup cooking water and discard the rest. Add spaghetti to empty but still warm bowl.
- Slowly mix 1/2 cup cooking water into egg/cheese mixture. Pour over spaghetti, tossing to coat.
- Add bacon mixture and peas and toss. Let rest, tossing occasionally, 2-4 minutes until sauce thickens, thinning with remaining cooking water as needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti Carbonera Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes