Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 3 ounce(s) pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving one cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. add pancetta; saute until almost crisp. Add shallots; saute until shallots are golden and pancetta is crisp but not burned.
- Add pasta to skillet; toss, cooking over medium heat. Add eggs; scraping pan to loosen cooked egg. Add zucchini; toss well. Add cheese; toss. Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, adding some reserved pasta cooking water if the mixture seems too dry.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllenD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes