Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) spaghetti
- 3/4 cup(s) Pecorino Romano freshly grated
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper coarsely ground
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheeses.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Working quickly, add 6 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, 2 tablespoons at a time, alternating with the cheeses; toss well to thoroughly coat the pasta between additions.
- Sprinkle on the black pepper and season the pasta with salt; toss again.
- Transfer the pasta to a warmed serving bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking water, as necessary, tossing until a creamy sauce forms.
- Serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Redstone and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note