Hardest part was peeling the Butternut Squash. Someone gave me a big 3- 4 lb one right after Thanksgiving. That thing had some tough skin but Oh, So Good!
Spaghetti with Butternut Squash
Spaghetti with Butternut Squash adds seasonal flavor to a classic family-favorite meal—for under $1 a serving! This one-dish meal works equally well with linguine or penne.
More From Allyou
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. On baking sheet, toss squash with oil and 1/4 tsp. salt to coat. Spread squash in a single layer and roast until soft, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook spaghetti until just tender, about 10 minutes, or as package label directs. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water. Return spaghetti to pot and add squash, butter and sage. Stir, adding pasta water as necessary to moisten. Serve immediately, topping with Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This