Spaghetti and Clams
Resistant Starch: 2.2g
Yield: Makes 4 servings (Serving size: About 2 cups)
More From Health
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Sugars: 1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 208mg
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds littleneck or Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water before draining. Drain pasta and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 3. Add clams, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup cooking water; stir gently to combine. Cover and simmer until clams open and release their juices, about 6 minutes. Use tongs to transfer clams to a bowl.
- 4. Add cooked pasta and parmesan to the skillet with sauce. Cook, tossing, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Divide into 4 shallow bowls and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spaghetti and Clams Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes for Main Dishes